By William Shakespeare, adapted by James Rice and Amanda Karr
Playing the Long Beach Playhouse’s Mainstage Theater
April 6 – May 4, 2024
Directed by James Rice
Peer into the mind of Shakespeare’s most dynamic character, HAMLET, in a unique adaptation of the bard’s most compelling masterpiece. As Hamlet experiences the death of his father, he is visited by his father’s ghost seeking justice for his murder. Hamlet is shaken by this experience as his potential madness is made tangible when other actors start to take on the aspects of his splintering mind. The story proceeds as Shakespeare told it, but with a core Hamlet and four others playing his innocence, sympathy, justice, and vengeance. Come see the story you know and appreciate, but with an exciting twist that illuminates the play anew for those familiar and unfamiliar with this seminal tale.
- Friday, April 5, 2024, 8pm – Half Price Preview
- Saturday, April 6, 2024, 8pm – Opening Night and Champagne Gala
- Friday, April 12, 2024, 8pm
- Saturday, April 13, 2024, 8pm
- Sunday, April 14, 2024, 2pm
- Friday, April 19, 2024, 8pm
- Saturday, April 20, 2024, 8pm
- Sunday, April 21, 2024, 2pm
- Friday, April 26, 2024, 8pm
- Saturday, April 27, 2024, 8pm
- Sunday, April 28, 2024, 2pm
- Friday, May 3, 2024, 8pm
- Saturday, May 4, 2024, 8pm – Closing Night
COVID Patron Safety Protocol
- At the present time, masks are not required to be worn in any of our theater spaces unless patrons are showing symptoms of illness and excessively coughing and/or sneezing.
- Masks are available for any patron or volunteer who would like or need one.